Tranche 1 Course Consultation
Each course in Tranche 1 will have four formal points of consultation for interested stakeholders between September 2020 and June 2021.
- Phase 1 Consultation – Scoping Papers (closed 25 September 2020)
- Phase 2 Consultation – Overview and Key Features (closed 11 December 2020)
- Phase 3 Consultation – Initial Draft of the Course
- Phase 4 Consultation – Full Final Draft of the Course
Critical Friends – appointed November 2020
The role of a Critical Friend:
- a critical friend is defined as “a trusted colleague within the teaching profession who questions and challenges, provides data to be examined through another lens, and offers critique of a course in its development; and
- is to extend, question thinking and to offer alternatives and support the work of Curriculum Leaders (CL) in course development processes.
For more information on the role of a Critical Friend please read this document (Critical Friends).
Course Sponsorship – appointed November 2020
The purpose of sponsorship is to:
- ensure and demonstrate the viability and relevance of proposed courses; and
- provide opportunities for schools and industry partners to engage directly in the course development and implementation process.
For more information on the role of sponsorship in course development please read this document (Sponsorship).
Tranche 1 – Accredited course overview
The Tranche 1 overview of accredited courses can be accessed through this document.
Tranche 1 – Live sessions for implementation of courses
Years 9–12 Learning are offering a series of Community of Practice live sessions for teachers delivering newly accredited senior secondary courses in 2023. Sessions will be held in Terms 1, 2, 3 and 4. Information on the current sessions.